Sherwood Shelter Halloween Pet Photo Contest | Pets
October 1, noon to October 31, 4 pm
The main goal of the Photo Costume Contest is to promote the available pets at Sherwood Animal Services. We hope that through this promotion, animals will have a better chance of finding a home.
We ask everyone to come in and select a pet, bathe it if needed, brush it and dress it up in a costume. Then take the animal to the dog park and have a photo shoot. This is more than a one person job. The shelter is blessed with volunteers but we cannot promise to have someone here to help. Please come ready for a messy job. You may use one of our donated costumes or bring your own.
Photo Contest Rules
Email a recent (taken since October 1, 2011) photo of an animal currently available at Sherwood Animal Services to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put in the subject line – Pet Photo Contest and the control number of the pet.
- This needs to be a snapshot taken by you or a friend NOT a professional photo and the photo MUST be of an animal currently available at Sherwood Animal Services.
- Please include your name, the animals control number (example 11-D555), a phone number and a current email address that you check regularly.
- Entries will be accepted starting October 1, 2011 through October 31, 2011. After October 31 at 4pm, no entries will be accepted or posted to the site.
- The winner will be determined by the number of “likes” on Facebook, so to win you will need to get your friends, family, coworkers to “add” “Sherwood Shelter” http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100001478398211 then “like” the photo. The photo of the pet will be located in the Shelter Photo Contest
- Voting will begin October 1, 2011 and end promptly at 4pm November 1, 2011. The winner will be announced by November 2, 2011.
**This method of voting allows you to “like” more than one pet, but you can only vote for a pet once. A comment on our Facebook page does not count as a vote. Only the “likes” on the photo will be counted.
***By submitting your photo, you are authorizing Sherwood Animal Services to post the photo on Facebook to receive votes and to use the photo in promotions to help the shelter.
****Please allow up to 48 hours for your photo to be posted to the album.
*****Only 2 entries per person.